Thanks to the commenter who provided the news link.
cbs8.com Death under investigation at Pala Reservation
Posted: Apr 25, 2016 6:46 AM PDT
Updated: Apr 25, 2016 12:18 PM PDT
SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A shooting at the Pala Indian Reservation in the North County left a 56-year-old man dead, authorities said Monday.
San Diego County Sheriff's deputies from the Valley Center substation were called to the 11900 block of Ortega Road in a residential area of the reservation shortly after midnight, Sheriff Homicide Sgt. Todd Norton said.
The victim was found shot numerous times as he sat in a vehicle, according to Norton. Paramedics responded and attempted to save the man's life, but he died at the scene, Norton said.
The San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office was called to the scene and will release the man's name after his family is notified. No suspect
information was released.
Detectives asked anyone with information about the shooting to call the Homicide Detail at (858) 974-2321 or after hours at (858) 565-5200. Tipsters can remain anonymous and be eligible for up to a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest by calling Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.
cbs8.com Death under investigation at Pala Reservation
In 1903 the Agua Caleinte Cupeno were removed from their ancestral tribal home, the Village of Kupa also known as Warner's Hot Springs. The Cupeno were forced onto the Pala Indian Reservation. This is known as the Cupeno Trail of Tears. On June 1st, 2011 and February 1st, 2012 162 Warner Ranch Evictee Agua Caliente Cupeno were removed from the PBMI Association by the Pala Enrollment Committee. This is our Second Trail of Tears.
Showing posts with label Murder. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Murder. Show all posts
Monday, April 25, 2016
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Pala Murder Case Status Update
villagenews.com UPDATE: Court proceedings begin in case relating to Pala man’s death
The Fallbrook/Bonsall Village News
By Debbie Ramsey on March 7, 2016
VISTA – One of two North County residents who reported finding a stranger dead in the garage of their home last week pleaded not guilty today, Mon., March 7 to being a felon in possession of a firearm.
Anthony James Boles, 32, faces up to three years in prison if convicted of the gun offense. He was ordered held on $200,000 bail.
Boles and Tyann Louise Allen, 33, were arrested last Thursday, March 3, at the Valley Center Sheriff’s Substation, where they had voluntarily gone to be questioned about the shooting death of 44-year-old Bradley Trujillo Jr., whom they claimed not to have known.
Allen has not been charged with any crime in the case and is expected to be released from jail.
On Wednesday evening, Allen and Boles reported finding Trujillo’s body upon returning to their residence on Robles Way in Pala following a dinner outing, sheriff’s Lt. Dan Brislin said.
The victim died of multiple gunshot wounds, according to the county Medical Examiner’s Office, which ruled his death a homicide.
Authorities have disclosed no suspected motive for the slaying. Allen’s and Boles’ assertions that they were not acquainted with Trujillo remain under investigation, the lieutenant said.
Detectives said they found no evidence of forced entry at the home.
Boles is scheduled to be back in court March 15 for a readiness conference. A preliminary hearing is set for March 17.
Read More Here-->villagenews.com UPDATE: Court proceedings begin in case relating to Pala man’s death
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)